Want to discover the different kinds of granite? To begin, Granite is not a single type of stone.
You will find many different varieties of granite. These types describe their colors and patterns, so knowing their names can help you pick the right slab for your remodeling project.
Here are a few different kinds of granite:
- Composed mostly of quartz and feldspar with small black specks in the grains.
- Seen mostly in commercial rock but is not actual granite. Instead, it is gabbro, which is comprised of plagioclase, pyroxene, and amphibole.
- Results from a high concentration of potassium feldspar and includes quartz with specks of white.
Black and White Granite:
- Usually has equal parts quartz, feldspar, and amphibole to make a speckled look. Most commonly used in countertops.
- Again, not granite, but sold as such. It has larkvite and includes streams of blue and white.
Ready to find your perfect kind of granite? Let the team at StoneSense help. Call us at 613-247-0444, or you can contact us online with your questions.