WORKMANSHIP WARRANTY ON STONE PRODUCT
The work done by STONESENSE is based by our 1 year limited warranty. Details of the warranty are below, but the general principle is: “If there is something we didn’t do correctly, we will correct the problem and stand behind our work. Period.”
What Does This Warranty Cover?
This warranty applies to fabrication and installation of STONESENSE materials that have been permanently installed in owner-occupied residential only.
We will repair or replace, at our option, any defects in materials, fabrication or installation with the same grade and quality of materials as the original using an acceptable color match, accepting that there are natural variations in veining and color with natural stone.
This warranty covers seam performance, but not the appearance of the seam.
What Does This Warranty Not Cover?
This warranty does not cover natural characteristics of stone which include, but are not limited to natural color variations, water lines or physical properties (fissures, surface pits, blemishes) that are normal and natural for some stones. If, after or during installation, you decide that you do not like the colors you selected or the natural stone variations and veining of your installation, replacement is not covered by this warranty.
This warranty does not cover countertops that have been moved from their original, permanent installed location.
This warranty does not cover damage to your countertop caused by items out of our control such as:
- Chemical abuse, including but not limited to, surface etching by:
- leaving acidic or aggressive chemicals in contact with the material
- use of improper cleaning solutions
- caring and maintaining your countertop improperly
- Physical abuse, including but not limited to, surface chipping, cracking, scratching caused by negligence and abuse such as:
- excessive loading or dropping of heavy objects on the countertop
- standing on the countertop
- House settling or foundation movement due to any cause.
- Cabinet movement due to any cause.
- Damage caused by fire, tornados, or other acts of nature.
- Cracking or shrinking of flexible caulks due to age or thermal movement of the home.
- Seam failure due to settling or structural issues unrelated to the countertop installation.
- Damage from acts of vandalism.
- Damage from excessive heat.
- Uneven exposure to weather conditions.
- Jobsite conditions or trades abusing your countertops; for example, standing on, hammering on.
- Architectural and engineering design.
- Ordinary wear and tear.
What is the Period of Coverage?
The period of coverage is the first 1 year from date of completion of installation.
To help add even more value to your home, StoneSense’s warranty is fully transferable to subsequent owners of your home, provided the new owners properly register their countertop with us.
Should we elect to repair or replace your countertop, your warranty will continue from the original date of installation and not from the date of repair or replacement.
What Will We Do to Correct Problems
We will repair or replace countertops including necessary labour charges needed to repair or replace the countertop covered by this warranty.
We will repair any area of the installation that is determined by us to be defective.
We will pay for the cost of the product, labour involved in the removal and replacement of original installation. You will be responsible for any other costs associated with or arising out of the repair or replacement such as plumbing and electrical disconnect and reconnect charges to the extent determined necessary by us.
How Do You Get Service?
Provide us with your original sales receipt or other documentation that demonstrates proof of purchase clearly showing both the date and purchase and the date of installation.
You need to submit a claim in writing to the address below.
You are required to permit a StoneSense authorized agent to inspect the installation of the product.
You must reasonably cooperate with StoneSense in its efforts to perform its obligations under this warranty.
StoneSense will communicate to you in a timely fashion all decisions about defects in the conversion or installation.
Warranty work will be completed at our discretion.
To obtain service under this limited warranty, contact:
unit 1-3, 2415 stevenage Dr
Ottawa, ON, Canada
What Must You Do to Keep the Warranty in Effect?
You should maintain the countertop in accordance with the StoneSense Care and Maintenance guide provided free at installation.
Except as provided in this limited warranty, StoneSense shall not be liable in either tort or contract for any loss of direct, consequential or incidental damages arising out of the use or inability to use the product in residential applications covered by this warranty.
StoneSense makes no other warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, with respect to its products, except as expressly stated herein.